We are committed to protecting your privacy online. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide Us with will be processed by Us when you use the Rula Bula mobile application (in each available version, including iOS and android) (each version being referred to hereafter as, the “App”) and the listings pages of Our website located at (http://rulabula.ie) (the “Website”) (the App and Website together, being the “Rula Bula Service”). Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
The Rula Bula Service is operated by Sinead O Donovan., trading as Rula Bula, also referred to as “We” and “Us”.For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Rula Bula, Cork, Ireland.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Account information: The information (including your first name, surname, postcode and email address) that you provide by setting up an account through the Rula Bula Service, in registering for Our newsletter, in entering into any transaction through the Rula Bula Service or otherwise by contacting Us.
• Public Content: The information you post to the Rula Bula Service that is intended for public consumption including tips, images, messages, photos and ratings (“User Content”). You acknowledge that We may display this information through the Rula Bula Service.
• Site Activity: We will automatically collect the following information about your use of the Rula Bula Service:
• technical information, including: the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet; browser type and version; and time zone setting;
• information, including the full URL; clickstream to, through and from the Rula Bula Service and Listings that you viewed.
• Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive certain legal and administrative emails from Us, which are necessary for the provision of the Rula Bula Service to you. You may also choose to sign up to receive certain marketing or additional emails. You can manage your preferences in terms of receipt of these communications through your account settings. You cannot, however, opt out of receiving certain legal or administrative notices from Us. If you enter one of our competitions We will keep a copy of the data you submit to Us.
Information provided to us from other sources:
We may receive information about you from third parties in the course of making available the Rula Bula Service to you, including organisers of events that are listed on the Rula Bula Service; business partners; sub-contractors; and payment providers.We use information held about you in the following waysInformation you give to usWe use this information:
• to make the Rula Bula Service available to you;
• provide you with information about activities that you request from Us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• administer your account with Us;
• provide information to Organisers with whom you book activities through the Rula Bula Service in order to facilitate such bookings;
• disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law;
• notify you about changes to the Rula Bula Service; and
• ensure that the Rula Bula Service is presented in the most effective manner for you.Information that we collect about you
We use this information to:
• identify you as a user of the Rula Bula Service;• administer the Rula Bula Service;
• ensure that the Rula Bula Service is presented in the most effective manner for you;
• measure and understand the effectiveness of certain features of the Rula Bula Service; and
• provide location based services to you if (i) you have installed the App on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data in respect of this App, or (ii) you access Our Website via a mobile browser and you allow the transmission of your location data when prompted by your browser.Information we receive from other sourcesWe will combine this information with information you give to Us and information that We collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our business users. This is statistical data about the browsing actions and patterns of Our users.We may obtain information about your usage of the Rula Bula Service by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or your mobile device’s internal memory.
Cookies help us to: improve the Rula Bula Service; to deliver a better and more personalised service both through the Rula Bula Service and through third party websites and applications.
They enable Us to:
• support Our analytics, to estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Rula Bula Service according to your individual interests;
• manage notifications and some of the content you see, so that you don’t keep seeing the same notifications over and over again;
• deliver advertising to you that is more suited to your interests, both through the Rula Bula Service and through third party websites and applications (including Facebook), that is more appropriate and suited to your interests
• speed up your searches; and
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the circumstances set out below.
• In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• If We or a substantial part of Our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
• If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Rula Bula Service, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rula Bula, organisers of activities listed on the Rula Bula Service, or other users of the Rula Bula Service.
• We may share aggregated user information with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, We may disclose the number of a particular category of users (e.g. women aged under 35) that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements in a particular period.
• We may share information submitted as part of third party promotional activities only when you agree the specific terms and conditions of the promotion by opting in to the promotion.
The Rula Bula Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You have a legal right under the Act to a copy of all personal information about you held by Us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €20 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.